Quick and easy steps for a fun and fresh look this summer.
Bangs can be a lot of work, especially in the warmer months when all you want to do is wear a ponytail day in and out. But here’s the thing: with the right cut, tools and a few expert tips (which we are sharing with you here!), you can create picture-perfect fringes and beach waves even in the tropical heat. What’s more, we are giving you the low-down on how to keep tresses looking fresh from sun up to sun down!
1. Divide hair into manageable sections.
Camille Albane Thermo-Active Smoothing Spray
Acca Kappa Carbonium Anti-Static Hair Brush
2. To create waves, section your hair separating the top and bottom layers.
Using the Acca Kappa Wavy Cone Brush facing downwards, blow-dry the bottom sections starting from the side, working your way to the back.
Acca Kappa Wavy Cone Brush
3. After blow-drying everything, secure the curls with Camille Albane Flexible Hold Hair Spray.
4. Let the top part of your hair down and blow-dry again but this time with the cone side up.
Secure with Camille Albane Flexible Hold Hair Spray again.
5. To finish, roll the bangs down and gently ruffle while simultaneously spraying the Phytolaque Miroir Botanical Hair Spray.
To keep your bangs in place all day, the secret is in the roots. Francis Guintu recommends spritzing some hair spray on the root of your bangs so the fringe itself isn’t stiff but stays in place the entire day. Mind blowing!
Phyto Phytolaque Miroir Hairspray Fixation Medium
Voila! The sweetest summer waves and a fresh fringe from day to night!
Editor Bianca Salonga
Words Andrea Lam
Photography Floyd Jhocson of Studio 100
Hair Francis Guintu of Phyto
Styling Lyn Alumno
Shoot Coordination Em Camazuela
Shot on Location at Circuit Makati Concert Grounds