Natalie Portman has reached A-list status after being catapulted into the limelight with notable performances in some of her hit movies such as Star Wars Trilogy, Closer, The Other Boleyn Girl, V for Vendetta, Black Swan, Thor and in the upcoming, surefire hit, movie sequel–Thor: The Dark World. She reprises the role of Jane Foster, an American astrophysicist who found Thor (Chris Hemsworth) after he was exiled to Earth by Odin (Anthony Hopkins).
Natalie has won several acting awards in her portrayals as a seductive, pink-haired stripper in Closer, a young woman rescued by a vigilante and turned out to be his ally in V For Vendetta and as a ballerina who slowly loses her mind in Black Swan.
A psychology graduate in Harvard and even co-authored two research papers that were published in scientific journals, Natalie Portman is indeed a rare gem. A woman of beauty, brains and talent that sets her apart from the rest in the Hollywood scene.
Photo courtesy of: www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/oscars
Photo courtesy of : www.whatlotspots.blogspot.com
Natalie Portman attended Vanity Fair Party 2013 wearing a white Chistian Dior empire-waist, flowing gown with black sash slicing through the left side of the gown. She matched it with an Anna Hu emerald green earrings to add color in the whole look.
This versatile makeup look is wearable if you’re going out on a date, party with friends or attend an event. You just have to make sure to match this with an outfit suitable for the occasion. Following the steps below will help you achieve this.
Creating a base for your makeup is essential because it makes your skin stay flawless for longer and prevents makeup streaks. “Not to prime is a crime.”, according to Napoleon Perdis, celebrity makeup artist and beauty brand founder.
– Start by using Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base or MAC prep and prime in prepping your skin. These face primers will enhance your makeup and add radiance to your skin.
Photos courtesy of Chanel and MAC websites
– After using the face primer, apply Yves Saint Laurent MATT Touch Compact Foundation. The foundation looks natural on your face and keeps the shine away.
Photo courtesy of www.beautylish.com
– Dab some MAC Pro Concealer over impurities to make your face clean-looking.
Photo courtesy of www.nikkietc.com
– Make sure your brows are neat before applying eyebrow pencil. If you have a dark brown-almost black hair, use MAC Spiked eyebrow pencil. It looks like a real brow when you apply it. To maintain the natural look, it is better not to fill your brows with eyebrow makeup or eyeshadow.
Photo courtesy of: http://www.maccosmetics.com
– Before you apply eyeshadow, you have to prep your eyes just like what we did on the face. I recommend using Bobbi Brown Long-wear Cream Shadow in Cement. You can wear it alone but also works perfect as a foundation of the eyeshadow.
Photo courtesy of: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/
Use Bobbi Brown’s Rich Eye Chocolate Eye Palette for your eye shadow.
– Choose Stone (medium ash brown) and place it on your socket using a brush
– Pat Cocoa (warm ashy brown) along the outer lash line and blend it upwards
– Dab Cocoa over your lid and start blending everything
– Apply Bone (off white) on the brow bone to highlight the makeup
Photo courtesy of: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com
– Line your top lids with MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel in Blacktrack using MAC Angled Brush 266. Make sure to keep it close to the lashline to avoid missing a spot. No need to line the bottom lids to maintain the simple look. MAC Fluidline is jet black and glides on well.
– Curl your lashes and apply Bobbie Brown Everything Mascara.
– Glue fake eyelashes on to make your eyes bigger and fuller.
Photo courtesy of: www.power-animals.com
– Apply NARS Powder Blush in Deepthroat to the center of the apple on one side of your face, blending the color along your cheekbone. Do the same process on the other side. This will make your face glow and lively.
Photo courtesy of: http://www.narscosmetics.com
– Use Estee Lauder Stay-in place Lip pencil in pink to prevent color bleeding and provide more definition to your lips.
– Finally, match this lip pencil with MAC’s Pink Pearl and Pop and apply a small amount of lip gloss for extra shine.