January 12, 2014 — it was the date when Hollywood Foreign Press Association or HFPA honored and recognized the best in film and television. This is one of the most prestigious annual formal ceremonies in Hollywood.
The ceremony was hosted by real-life best friends and funny gals, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. This stellar event allows us to witness the infrequent opportunity of Hollywood’s acting legends and upcoming stars, and the people behind the camera, together in one big room. This is a night where they wouldn’t have to work and simply make it a night for bonding.
RED CARPET BEAUTY LOOKS
(Photos courtesy of eonline.com, fashion.telegraph.co.uk, latimes.com)
Best Actress Cate Blanchett wore an Armani Prive cap-sleeve, black lace and tulle dress with a cut-out back detail. She matched it with a modern makeup look and an updated version of a vintage do from the 60s.
To get this makeup look, you can use,
– Chanel Rouge Coco in 40 Charme for the lips
– Bobbi Brown’s Calypso Coral for a hint of blush
– NARS’ Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Santa Monica Blvd (white) in lining your lower lashes
Jennifer Lawrence, winner of supporting actress for American Hustle, was dressed in a white Dior with black laces. She opted for a more playful and fun makeup look – dove grey eyeshadow and dark shade of berry lipstick which worked for her. What a brave girl!
Get this makeup look by using:
– NARS’ Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto in lining the upper and lower lash lines
– Fairy Kiss’s eyeshadow palette for the eyes
– Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone for the lips
Taylor Swift was stunning in her sexy red and black Carolina Herrera gown. But what really stood out was her darling makeup look matched with a softly-curled 1940s bob.
Try these products to get Taylor’s makeup look:
– Use Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Deco Rouge for the lips
– MAC Kohl Power in Feline for the eyes
– Lancome Hynose Doll Lashes for a wide-eye look