Summer is here! It’s time to hit the beach and be the glowing bombshell without breaking a sweat.
1) Achieve beach waves without the fuss by loosely braiding damp hair in the back of your head. A single braid provides more coverage for your scalp protecting it from the harsh sun. When your braided hair is thoroughly dry unravel it to reveal sexy waves. Nourish and protect your beach hair from the summer heat and salty waves with Phytoelixir Shampoo Intense Nourishing Shampoo.
2) Summer or not the best tip for skin care is to apply sunscreen before heading out in the sun to prevent premature skin aging.
3) Double cleansing is the best routine during summer when heat, sweat, dust and layers of face products accumulate giving you that dull and tired complexion. It starts with an oil cleanser to remove makeup and other grime, followed immediately with a foam cleanser. Use Algenist Genius Anti-Aging Foaming Cleanser to gently but deeply cleanse skin for a radiant, supple and youthful complexion.
4) Cucumbers are the miracle fruit this summer. Not only do they refresh tired peepers but, rubbing a few cucumbers cools and refreshes icky skin. To further rejuvenate your skin, apply a thin layer of Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask. It is packed with vitamins, minerals and fruit enzymes that break down dead skin cells for a revitalized, hydrated and glowing complexion.
5) The best makeup hack to prevent meltdown due to heat is to put on primer before anything else and finishing your makeup with a face mist. Choose a lightweight but heavy-duty primer to ensure that your makeup stays all day long, like NARS Radiance Primer. It preps your skin, adds radiance and has SPF35 for sun protection while L’Occitane’s Peony Perfecting Mist will not only lock in your makeup, but hydrates your skin as well. Its subtle scent keeps you feeling refreshed all day.
6) When it comes to makeup, sheer, barely there or no makeup makeup is in. Add a hint of color with a bronzer like Jane Iredale Quad Bronzer in Moonglow in your eyelids and cheeks for a sun-kissed glow.
7) Use waterproof and long-lasting makeup to prevent smudges, feathering and fading while swimming, sunbathing or just sweating because of the heat. T. LeClerc Precision Eyeliner Pen in the inner rims of your eyes will not run for a more polished look. NARS Velvet Matte in Pop Life is the color of summer lips that will not fade or feather because of its long-lasting and non-drying formula.
8) Get the prettiest manicure and pedicure by storing your nail polish in the fridge. Cold polish goes on smoothly and prevents bubbles. For a summery and girly nails use polish in shades of pink or corals like OPI Two Timing Zone.
9) Heat dissipates scents easily. For fragrances to last longer store colognes and perfume in a cool, dry spots away from windows and sunlight. Or apply unscented moisturizer before spritzing your favorite fragrance to help lock the scent. Spray Acca Kappa Libocedro Eau de Cologne on your main man for a scent reminiscent of nature and outdoor sports. Summer, after all is about life and adventure.
10) Travelling? Stock up on multi-use beauty products for easy touch-ups and no fuss beauty routines. Stila Convertible Colour in Petunia is a lipcolor and blush in one compact for that summer glow on the go. Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose Oil is a skin care multi-tasker: soothes and moisturize skin, conditions dry ends of hair and tames fly-away, hydrates and softens cuticles.
With these beauty hacks and tips your summer adventure is a walk in the park or rather, the beach. Now go catch some waves!